The Orillia Museum of Art and History reviews submissions by artists on an ongoing basis. Proposals may be for solo, group shows or curatorial projects.
The Museum has four exhibition spaces.
Exhibition programming is determined by a jury process. The museum’s mandate focusses on the development of discourse around innovative, challenging, and accomplished work that addresses issues relevant to the region. Research–led, interdisciplinary and media–based artistic practices are welcome.
HOW TO SUBMIT
Submissions are through the form below or email only.
If by email, the size must be no larger than 10 MB total.
Image files must not be compressed (e.g. .zip) or in any type of presentation (e.g. PowerPoint)
Text files must be combined into one document saved as either a Word(.doc) or PDF file.
- C.V. (2 pages max.)
- Proposal/exhibition description including technical requirements (1 page max.)
- Summary of artistic practice/biography (1 page max.)
- 15 images:
- emailed as jpegs (no URLs) not exceeding 1024 (w) x 768 (h) pixels, set at 72 ppi, preferably in RGB mode
- named with a two digit number, followed by your initials, year and title of work (e.g.: 01JS2013SUMMERLAKE.jpg)
- animated gifs ARE acceptable
- hyperlinks to audio/video files not exceeding 5 minutes in length ARE acceptable
- Corresponding slide list including filename, title, year, dimensions, and media (1 page max.)
- Additional support material such as essays, reviews, etc. (3 pages max.)
Complete the form below or email to email@example.com with the title, “YOUR NAME: Exhibition Proposal”
Please allow up to six months before receiving a response. Please do not contact OMAH to see if your submission has been reviewed. Due to the volume of submissions it receives, the museum will not offer feedback or criticism of proposals.