Current employment opportunities can be found below.
Job Posting: Administrative Assistant
Full Time (35 hours per week, Tuesday-Saturday)
Rate of pay: $17-$18/hour
Application deadline: July 23, 2020
Start date: August 4, 2020
OMAH acts as stewards of the community’s art, history and culture by being actively engaged in the community and responsive to its needs. The museum creates exhibits and programs that will inspire the community to explore, experience and engage with art, local history and culture, as well support Orillia’s growing arts community by providing facilities for workshops, education, and professional development.
Purpose of Position:
The Orillia Museum of Art & History (OMAH) is a not-for-profit charitable organization supported by numerous stakeholders and community partners. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for ensuring the efficient and effective operation of the administrative functions of the museum as well as providing administrative support to the Executive Director and/or staff, as directed by the Executive Director. The Administrative Assistant will be working with volunteers that support all areas of the museum’s operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for development & implementation of efficient office, database and records (paper and electronic) management systems
- Provides a warm welcome and knowledgeable reception service (by phone, in person, and email) to ensure an excellent experience for all visitors and ensuring that all communication is supportive of and consistent with OMAH’s mission and vision
- Record daily visitor, email & telephone inquiries; track in-depth meetings; enter tracking data into databases
- Maintain Point-Of-Sale system
- Provide assistance with tracking of event and program registrations on an on-going basis, as required
- Manage Communications by maintaining mailing list, scheduling mailings, web and social media maintenance, tracking OMAH in the media
- Track and help manage volunteer applications, skills, and schedules
- Provide support for IT: help monitor staff needs, assist staff with problem solving, assist IT as requested
- Responsible for incoming and outgoing mail, shipping and receiving
- Provide administrative support for special projects, as required
- Other duties as assigned
- 2 years minimum administrative experience
- 2 years minimum customer service experience
- Working with volunteers an asset
- interest in community engagement, arts, heritage
- First Aid
- Excellent computer software skills, in particular, using Excel, Word, social media, and database softwares, such as Salesforce
- Strong computer, organizational, communication (written and oral), problem solving skills
- Neat, organized, able to work independently and interdependently, welcoming to the public
- Flexibility to adjust to dynamic work environment
- excellent customer service
- ability to remain calm and interface effectively with members of the public
- courtesy towards colleagues
- work as a team member and independently, meet deadlines, creative thinker, innovative
- Proactive problem solver
- friendly and outgoing
- accountable and reliable
The Orillia Museum of Art & History (OMAH) is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified candidates from visible minority groups, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons across the spectrum of gender identities, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. Should you require accommodation during the interview process, please let us know so we can accommodate your needs.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please EMAIL your cover letter and resume in a single PDF document to the attention of Ninette Gyorody, Executive Director, by Thursday, July 23. Please note that we will only reply to candidates selected for consideration and interview.
OMAH welcomes the ongoing applications for Educational Instructors. Learn more about how to apply, here.
Interested in being involved at OMAH? Click here to learn about our Volunteers.