16 Week Contract: (21 hours per week, Tuesday-Saturday)
Rate of pay: $14.25/hour
Application deadline: May 14, 2021
Start date: June 15, 2021
OMAH acts as steward of the community’s art, history and culture by being actively engaged in the community and responsive to its needs. The museum creates exhibits and programs that will inspire the community to explore, experience and engage with art, local history and culture, as well support Orillia’s growing arts community by providing facilities for workshops, education, and professional development.
Purpose of Position:
The Orillia Museum of Art & History (OMAH) is a not-for-profit charitable organization supported by numerous stakeholders and community partners. The Marketing Assistant is an integral member of the staff team supporting the Executive Director in developing and delivering effective communications and marketing campaigns. The Marketing Assistant will be working with volunteers that support all areas of the museum’s operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Marketing Assistant will complete the following tasks and projects:
- Review Strategic Plan, 2021 Operational Plan, marketing campaigns and review programs that have been designed, developed and delivered since the pandemic began.
- Implement promotional plans after final approval has been given.
- Maintain press archives and create a procedure document.
- Design exhibition didactics and labels.
- Photo-document programs and exhibitions.
- Administer photo and video release forms.
- Design and propose a plan to rebrand and promote the museum shop.
- Post-secondary student enrolled in a degree or diploma program in either Communications, Marketing, Business Administration or Museum and/or Gallery Studies)
- Working with volunteers an asset
- Previous design and marketing experience is required
- Interest in community engagement, arts, heritage
- excellent computer software skills, in particular, using Excel, Word, and social media
- design software experience
- strong computer, organizational, communication (written and oral), problem solving skills
- neat, organized, able to work independently and interdependently, welcoming to the public
- flexibility to adjust to dynamic work environment
- ability to remain calm and interface effectively with members of the public, staff and volunteers
- courtesy towards colleagues
- work as a team member and independently, meet deadlines, creative thinker, innovative
- proactive problem solver
- friendly and outgoing
- accountable and reliable
The Orillia Museum of Art & History (OMAH) is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified candidates from visible minority groups, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons across the spectrum of gender identities, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. Should you require accommodation during the interview process, please let us know so we can accommodate your needs.
To apply please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org in a single PDF document. Please note that we will only reply to candidates selected for consideration and interview.
The Orillia Museum of Art & History gratefully acknowledges the support of Service Canada for funding this position through the Canada Summer Jobs program.