Customer Service Advisor
16 Week Contract: (25 hours per week, Tuesday-Saturday)
Rate of pay: $14.25/hour
Application deadline: May 14, 2021
Start date: June 22, 2021
OMAH acts as steward of the community’s art, history and culture by being actively engaged in the community and responsive to its needs. The museum creates exhibits and programs that will inspire the community to explore, experience and engage with art, local history and culture, as well support Orillia’s growing arts community by providing facilities for workshops, education, and professional development.
Purpose of Position:
The Orillia Museum of Art & History (OMAH) is a not-for-profit charitable organization supported by numerous stakeholders and community partners. The Customer Service Advisor is an integral member of the staff team supporting the Executive Director in delivering quality visitor and member experiences both in-person and virtually. The Customer Service Advisor will be working with volunteers that support all areas of the museum’s operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Customer Service Advisor will complete the following tasks and projects
- assisting with front-end museum operations including selling tickets, admission, and memberships, orienting visitors to the museum, and processing gift shop transactions.
2. designing, developing, and delivering tours both in-person and virtually.
3. supporting the promotion of programmes, events, and exhibitions.
4. preparing and delivering up-to-date visitor information.
5. assisting with other museum projects as requested.
6. administrative tasks such as daily sales reports, data entry, stock management.
- previous work experience in an administrative and/or customer service role
- post-secondary student enrolled in a degree or diploma program in either Communications, Marketing, Business Administration or Museum and/or Gallery Studies) an asset
- working with volunteers an asset
- interest in community engagement, arts, heritage
- excellent computer software skills, in particular, using Excel, Word, and social media
- design software experience an asset
- strong computer, organizational, communication (written and oral), problem solving skills
- neat, organized, able to work independently and interdependently, welcoming to the public
- flexibility to adjust to dynamic work environment
- ability to remain calm and interface effectively with members of the public, staff and volunteers
- courtesy towards colleagues
- work as a team member and independently, meet deadlines, creative thinker, innovative
- proactive problem solver
- friendly and outgoing
- accountable and reliable
The Orillia Museum of Art & History (OMAH) is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified candidates from visible minority groups, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons across the spectrum of gender identities, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. Should you require accommodation during the interview process, please let us know so we can accommodate your needs.
To apply please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org in a single PDF document. Please note that we will only reply to candidates selected for consideration and interview.
The Orillia Museum of Art & History gratefully acknowledges the support of Service Canada for funding this position through the Canada Summer Jobs program.